Getting pre-approved through a mortgage lender is an essential first step in the home buying process. Having a pre-approval letter will let sellers know that you are a serious buyer and can aid significantly in your favor if you are in a situation where you are competing with another buyer on a home. Getting pre-approved will also give you the best information about the price point for your budget. Feel free to use our Mortgage Calculator to determine your estimated payments.
The process of getting pre-approved is a very easy and painless process, however it is usually the most anxiety provoking portion of the process. To take the anxiety out of this portion of the home buying process, below is a list of what your lender will require from you to get you a pre-approval letter.
- W-2 forms - or business tax return forms if you're self-employed - for the last two years for every person signing the loan.
- Copies of at least one pay stub for each person signing the loan.
- Account numbers of all your credit cards and the amounts for any outstanding balances.
- Copies of three months of bank or credit union statements for both checking and savings accounts.
- Lender, loan number, and amount owed on other installment loans, such as student loans and car loans.
- Addresses where you've lived for the two years, with names of landlords if appropriate.
- Copies of your most recent 401(k) or other retirement account statement.
- Documentation to verify additional income, such as child support or a pension
- All bankruptcy and discharge of bankruptcy papers (if applicable)
As top REALTORS® in Sioux Falls, The Amy Stockberger Team has helped thousands of home buyers find the home of their dreams that matches their budget. Our services are completely FREE to the buyer for all homes listed on the Multiple Listing Service. And, not only are we equipped with over 43 years of combined experience, the synergy of having such a large team gives us the knowledge of fabulous homes that are for sale that aren’t even on the market yet.
Why You Should Work With Us
Dear Amy, Adam, and Sales Staff, We wanted to take a moment and write a testimonial letter to you and your staff acknowledging the effort, tenacity, and results your company provided us in selling our Cherry Lake residence. First and foremost, the relentless efforts of your open house represen
I worked with Deena Cunningham at Amy Stockberger for purchasing my first home and now am working with her to sell it as well, she has been awesome at helping me and being available whenever I need her, no matter how late. Thank you!
When we were preparing the sell our mothers home, we met with three realtors from three of the largest firms in Sioux Falls. Ashley Smith brought us the most compelling marketing plan matched with the strongest price. Due to the Covid event, we delayed the listing, but once we made the decision to g
Wonderful staff. We are working with Teresa Geiken and highly recommend her. We are thinking of moving from Colorado to SD and are very grateful we found Teresa to work with. You are looking to move, CALL HER :)